iRuleGenerator :: Add-ons for Firefox
DevCentral is a great place to find interesting and useful iRule templates for different security, management and performance tasks in F5 Networks Big IP platform.
However, many times these tasks combines a customization of an iRule templates that we used before, what causing us to waste time on search and locating an iRules in every time from the beginning (unless we prefer to deal with history in our holy iRules table).
iRuleGenerator allows to F5 Networks Security Experts, Response teams and Customers to generate iRule templates rapidly and base on their needs.
You can generate a dynamic ready to use iRule in seconds by:
- selecting an iRule template from a database
- customizing a dynamic parameters
- generate a ready to use iRule that suitable with your needs
iRuleGenerator provides a useful and simple way to manage and submit a new iRule templates in a shared database.
iRuleGenerator includes wide range of iRules templates that designed in order to help security experts to handle different tasks in F5 Networks Big IP platform. The templates collected from DevCentral, other blogs and online resources:
- 20linesorless – Colin’s 20 Lines or Less Blog Series
- iRules101 – A collection of all DevCentral iRules 101 documents
- And more…
Big thanks to Colin Walker for his great work with 20linesorless and to the other community members.
Install the iRuleGenerator_vx.x.xpi file.
iRuleGenerator includes different iRules templates that designed for different types of F5 Networks OS platform modules. Use this plugin with caution and after you verified that the selected template is suitable with your platform and module. Frogteam-Security will not be responsible for any damage that caused by improper use in this plugin tool.
How to Use
- In Mozilla Firefox web browser, click on the iRuleGenerator (“F5 Networks”) button (Screenshots::diagram 1.1).
- Select any iRule from the menu by clicking on it (Screenshots::diagram 1.3).
- If popup window that opened, specify the needed dynamic parameters (Screenshots::diagram 1.4).
- View the results in the iRule Clipboard (Screenshots::diagram 1.5).
Diagram 1.4 – Specifying iRule parameters in the popup window that opened
Diagram 1.5 – Viewing the result in iRule Clipboard window
May 28, 2014 – iRuleGenerator v1.1
- 11 New iRule templates has been added
May 11, 2014 – iRuleGenerator v1.0.1 Beta
- 10 New iRule templates has been added
- Clear iRule Clipboard button added
GPL v3 2014 (C) All rights reserved to Frogteam-Security Ltd.
Powered by Frogteam-Security